Followers

Friday, February 24, 2012

The Start of the journey

In this first post I will tell you a little about myself. I am a soon 60 year old. The funniest thing just happened. Auto correct made me 50.LOL . Anways I am divorced mom of a 34 year old son (Ryan), a 27 year old daughter (Rachel) and a new grandson 2 month old Cameron. I have also been blessed with a Son in law (Joe). I work full time as a social worker. My weight struggle has been life long. Currently I weigh 268 (5'3"). At my top weight I was 384. My lowest weight has been 248. My weight loss was a result of lifestyle changes and has taken place over the last 12 years. I have health struggles. I am a 14 year survivor of ovarian cancer. I have high BP and diabetes, both in control with meds. I would say I am an emotional eater. I currently go to weight watchers and I can tell you from the age of 10 to 18 my parents had me on many diets, pills, shots ect. But from the age of 18 to 58 I did not "diet". I joined WW because my daughter had experienced a life tragedy and wanted to go. So I came along for the ride. GOOD DECISION. I've had my UPS and downs but I do weigh less then when I started (288). I want to use this blog to record my food as I eat it and as a way to explore my feelings. Your comments and struggles are so welcomed. So to start I had a thin bagel 3 pts.2 Tbs. PB2 2 pts. Bananna 0 pts, mixed fresh berries 0 pts.1/2 cup Greek yougart 2 pts. Total 7 pts. My daily budget is 35. For those of you who don't know what PB2 is let me tell you its the greatest invention since the wheel. It's a powder, you mix 2 Tbs with 1 Tbs water-45 cals! I dare you not to love it. It's hard to find. In my area it is only available at the commisary and through mail order. I'll post the address next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment