Followers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

6:30

Supper
Salad. 3 pts
Shrimp crelo. 5 pts
Rice. 5 pts
___________________
13/-1

On Wednesday I cook for both myself and my daughter and her hudnand. and i usually make enough to have leftovers for Friday night supper. The shrimp creole was a new recipie for me. I thought it was very good. I don't eat shrimp that often and it was very filling.
Creole shrimp and rice

1 celery rip, chopped (I used more)
1 small onion, chipped
1 small green pepper chopped
1 Tbs oil
1 can (14 1/2) diced tomatoes, drained
2 Tbs savory herb with garlic soup mix ( couldn't find so I used veg)
1 garlic clove minced
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 bay leaf ( didn't have)
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 pound cooked med shrimp ( I used raw)
2 cups hot cooked rice
________________
In a large skillet saute the celery, onion, and green pepper in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes,soup mix,garlic,Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 min. Add shrimp, heat through. Discard bay leaf. Serve. With rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment